The Health Educator is responsible for providing and managing health education activities to youth/young adults enrolled with KIKM, their families, and the neighborhoods they reside in to promote wellness and healthy lifestyles. The Health Educator will use appropriate strategies and methods to facilitate health promotion and disease prevention. In addition, this position will serve as a resource in identifying the health educational needs of youth/young adults and their families.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in health education or health promotion from an accredited institution.
- Master’s degree in health education from an accredited institution preferred.
- Certificate of Health Education Specialist (CHES) preferred but not required.
- Two years or more experience in health education.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills; ability to resolve problems and prepare written reports in a professional manner.
- Must maintain a professional appearance and maintain willingness to serve the public.
- Must have the ability to work with diverse cultures.
- Must adhere to policies and procedures.
- Ability to use MS office and other standard office equipment.
- Able to be flexible, cope with stressful situations in a calm and deliberate manner.
- Self-motivated and requires minimal supervision.
Waimanalo Health is a community health center seeking dedicated, talented and team-oriented individuals to join its `ohana. We are dedicated to improving the quality of life for the people of Hawaii by providing easily accessible, quality primary health care services. We offer competitive wages, excellent benefits and a great working environment.
For more information or to apply, please contact Waimanalo Health at firstname.lastname@example.org