The provider would be covering for staff Family Medicine providers who are on vacation, on medical leave, or who call out sick. Hours are dependent on coverage needs. The primary responsibility will be to provide patient care in a holistic and culturally sensitive manner, following the latest clinical guidelines and evidence based medicine, in a team-based, patient-centered approach. We are looking for a physician who can do the full scope of family medicine including adult health, pediatric health, and women’s health.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 1. For Physicians, Hawaii MD or DO license, Federal DEA, and State Narcotics license required. Board Certification required. For nurse practitioners, valid Hawaii RN license, APRN-RX license required.
- Basic Life Support for the Health Care Provider certification is required.
- Tuberculosis clearance is required prior to start of employment.
- Proof of Hepatitis B immunization is required prior to start of employment.
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records system is preferred. Will be required to work on Electronic Medical Records system. Use of email is required.
- Familiarity with the communities to be served is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with individuals, groups, and professionals in a culturally appropriate manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of all patients and employee information in compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Enforces clinic policies and procedures to ensure that the principles of Waimanalo Health Center are implemented.
- Must have good communication, supervisory and organizational skills as well as a good understanding of patient and work flow processes.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
For Physicians: Graduation from an accredited medical school and completion of residency in the United States required. Board certification is required.
For Nurse Practitioners: Training in an accredited nursing program and state nursing license is required. Valid Hawaii RN license and Hawaii APRN-RX license required.
Waimanalo Health is a community health center seeking dedicated, talented and team-oriented individuals to join its `ohana. We are dedicated to improving the quality of life for the people of Hawaii by providing easily accessible, quality primary health care services. We offer competitive wages, excellent benefits and a great working environment.
For more information or to apply, please contact Waimanalo Health at firstname.lastname@example.org