Malama I Ke Ola Health Center
Mālama I Ke Ola Health Center (Community Clinic of Maui), a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) is seeking an Internal Medicine Physician. We are a fully integrated behavioral health, dental, and primary care system. Our nearly 100 professionals and providers serve the people of Maui at three clinics -- two locations in Wailuku and one in Lahaina. We have behavioral health providers who partner with our primary care clinicians in a vast number of activities that include warm handoffs for acute behavioral health crisis management, substance abuse counseling, tobacco cessation counseling, chronic disease self management counseling, and long-term individual and family therapy. In 2015, we served over 11,000 patients of which 97% are living at or below 200% of the Federal poverty level. Join our growing team of caring, competent, and committed professionals in serving the underserved communities on Maui.
The Internal Medicine Physician is responsible for providing primary health care services consistent with the philosophy of Mālama I Ke Ola Health Center, and accepted standards of care with an emphasis on team-based care. He/she must exercise a high degree of judgment and leadership in all areas of responsibility.
Qualified candidates will have the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Graduate of an accredited Medical School.
- Permanent/full and unrestricted license to practice medicine, and Board Certified in Internal Medicine.
- Minimum two years of clinical experience in the direct delivery of primary care.
- FQHC or IHS clinic setting experience preferred.
- Current BLS CPR certificate required.
- Current DEA certificate.
- Familiarity with Hawai‘i and its diverse cultures preferred.
To learn more about this position, click here