Waikiki Health is recruiting for a full-time Adult/Child Clinical Psychologist position to provide behavioral health services in our primary care clinic. The Psychologist serves a dual role, primarily functioning as a behavioral health consultant on the primary care treatment team where s/he identifies, triages and manages patients presenting with medical and behavioral health problems. The Psychologist also serves in a secondary role in the provision of skill training through patient education strategies; the development of behavioral change plans for individual patients; the provision of evidence-based psychotherapeutic interventions; and the implementation of support services to meet the special needs of target populations.
The successful candidate will possess either a PsyD or PhD degree in clinical psychology from an APA accredited school and be licensed to practice in Hawaii.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
- Working knowledge of behavioral medicine and evidenced-based psychotherapy treatments for medical and mental health conditions.
- High level of efficiency in conducting accurate clinical assessments of mental and behavioral health conditions.
- High level of comfort in working within a team of primary care medical providers using a consultative style.
- Ability to design effective psycho-education curricula and lead effective psycho-education classes and process groups.
- Ability to train medical and behavioral health providers on evidence-based behavioral health interventions and the primary behavioral health model.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in managing patient crises in a calm, consistent, and equitable manner.